Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Long Way Home

I had to do it.  On Monday, while driving back from a hospital visit, I was lured off the road near Speedway by the scent of Long's Bakery.  The line was long inside the doors, but I knew the outcome would be worth it.

I ordered two fried cinnamon buns and a cup of coffee (which was scalding, as I received the first fresh cup from the brew).  Ate both of these buns before I drove past the Speedway itself, the curbs still littered with debris from the Brickyard 400.  Smooth eating, those Long's Bakery delights.

But here's the kicker.  (And don't ask me how I do it.)

After eating these buns, and weighing myself at the gym, I proceeded to work out vigorously for 25 minutes, during which time I performed some of my heaviest leg presses in months, did triceps work, deltoids, abdominals, and closed with calf raises.  I was huffing, puffing, and sweating my T-shirt through and some minutes later, weighed two pounds less than when I entered the gym.

Not a bad way to chase down two fried cinnamon buns . . . and doing a little bun work of my own.

I feel light as a feather now, and ready for a couple more treats from Long's.  Send me in coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment