Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Terre Haute, Indiana

On Thursday I will be driving through Terre Haute, Indiana (the town Steve Martin once said was destroyed by a Jell-O bomb).  I plan to stop in at one of the oldest Indiana donut landmarks:  Square Donuts.  On Wabash Avenue.

Interesting feature, these donuts.  They are not round.  But square.  Hence the name.  Glazed, too.

I hope to bring back a full report from Square Donuts to share here on this blog in the coming week.  And if they have any gourmet donuts, I may try a few of those, too.

Let the eating begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment