Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Friday, August 24, 2012

Seed Money

This donut seed idea could catch on.  There must be a way to develop these things.  If we can create a Hollywood set that looks like we sent a man to the moon, or if Sasquatch can eat beef jerky, or if Congress can get a 10% approval rating . . . then surely we can create a donut seed. 

Surely there is a think tank with men and women working on this right now . . . funded, or course, by millions of tax dollars.  If a Pentagon plunger costs $198.95, and a Senate whip can earn $195,000 a year, and a bottle of Clorox for the Washington Monument costs $245,000 . . . then surely to Betsy someone can figure out how to grow donuts.

In fact, I'll be working up some ideas this weekend . . . doing a few experiments in my basement using left over pizza dough and four empty Advil capsules.  I may not end up with donuts, but since we haven't yet vacuumed the carpet since the kids moved out, I'm sure I can grow something under the pool table.  It's dark and dank down there, and, quite frankly, the whole place gives me the creeps.  I don't go down there unless Becky is with me and I have a flashlight and some Perry Como songs are playing in the background.

At night there are sounds.  And in a few weeks I hope to reap my first harvest.  Jelly-filled, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment