Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Square Roots

A couple of weeks ago, while driving through Terre Haute, Indiana, I had made plans to stop by Square Donuts.  I drove over to third street, pulled into the parking lot, and discovered the establishment was closed.  Or, at least it looked to be vacant.

But I learned later, from good ol' Dad, that the Square Donuts had moved closer to the ISU campus, and I had actually driven past it on my way into town.  How could I have missed it?  Don't know.

At any rate, I feel like a square, not keeping a good eye on the horizon.  I can usually spot a donut shop a mile off, or smell the ambiance.

But next time I venture west, you can bet I'll fine Square Donuts.  I may be a round peg . . . but I can be a square.  I've got to get back on the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment