Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Thursday, August 30, 2012

Krispy Kreme Komforts

When I lived on the south side of Indianapolis there was a Krispy Kreme establishment that opened two blocks from the house.  This KK was a source of constant temptation to me . . . and I frequently found myself stopping by to grab a quick glazed.

The worst infraction, however, occurred one evening when the family was out of town.  Driving by the Krispy Kreme that night, I noted the HOT sign lit in the window.  And who can resist the hot glazed, fresh from the cooker?

I stopped in, bought a full dozen, and a block down the road, at a gas station, purchased a half gallon of ice cold skim milk.  Minutes later I was home, polishing off the entire dozen.

Naturally, I was nauseated, but those dozen hot glazed sure tasted good on the way down. 

And I've been drinking skim milk ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment