Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Thursday, May 3, 2012

Back to the Bakery

This wonderful morning led me back to Hilligoss in Brownsburg where, after eating an apricot danish and decaf coffee, I purchased some glazed donuts for the Calvary staff.

There's something relaxed and relaxing about eating in a bakery, watching the sun rise, greeting other customers and telling them, "I worked here a few months ago and I know how they bake these things!"

Naturally, people don't like meeting weirdos so early in the morning and most walk away, their mouths stuffed full of pastry.

Surprisingly, for a Thursday morning, the clientele was steady and alert.  There were boxes purchased, and sacks.  Some folks just wanted coffee.

And if you haven't visited Hilligoss lately, might be time for a donut.

Just remember:  all things in moderation . . . especially donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment