Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Tops

Reading my Top Pot Doughnut Recipe book, I have learned that Top Pot provides some 4-million doughnuts to Starbucks restaurants wordwide.  That's a bunch of baking.

And as far as distrubution goes, that would make Top Pot one of the major players in dough.  Add it all up, you get a company that's far more than a mom-and-pop establishment.

Surprisingly, the Top Pot book also pointed out that, as the economy has taken a nose-dive, comfort foods like doughnuts have been on the rise.  People eat more, I suppose to drown their sorrows.  (While I, on the other hand, eat because these things taste so good!)

I may not be an expert on many things, but doughnuts happen to be one of my specialties.  I had not considered it before, but if I was shown a display of various doughnuts, I could probably identify their origins and company very easily.

And yes, Top Pot Doughnuts have a look, too.  I should know.  I've been to the circus in Seattle and I've seen the show.  These are some of the best doughnuts in the country.

Trust me.

(Just don't eat yourself into an early grave!)

No comments:

Post a Comment