Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Thursday, May 10, 2012

Return to Top Pot

After reading my pre-Father's-day donut book, I've learned a great deal about Top Pot Doughnuts based in Seattle.  Consider, for example, that this bakery churns out over four million donuts a day (holy cow, that's a lot of dough and a lot of dough!).  Many of these doughnuts end up in the display cases at Starbucks.

Now I know where these doughnuts come from, and why I will likely look to Starbucks as a source of Top Pot delights.  The old-fashioned donuts in the Starbucks displays, especially, are probably Top Pot fare, even in Indiana.

When Becky and I visited Top Pot in Seattle (the original), we discovered a place where people were willing to stand in line in the rain.  (Of course, in Seattle, you are likely standing in the rain for most everything.)  Nevertheless, there was an apparent pull into this bakery and some of the rain that was falling was drool.

I shall continue to look over these doughnut recipes.  But without a fryer, I'm a my wits end.

I wonder . . . would a fryer make a great father's day gift?

Until we find the answers remember . . . all things, even donuts, in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment