Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Donut Donations

Last week, at a grocery store checkout aisle, I was asked to make a $1.00 donation that would provide donuts for an inner-city ministry to the poor.  I was all over it.  Donuts and donations?  I purchased breakfast for a dozen people.  How could I not?

I had not given it much thought, but donuts do travel well.  They can be carted in boxes or bags, and even in the extremes of cold or heat, they hold up well in the trenches.  Better yet, I'm sure a donut packs a greater calorie whollop than most any food ounce-per-ounce.

I was glad to place these donuts on the street.  I feel an affinity toward those who will bite into them.

Of course I've always known that donuts and ministry go hand-in-hand.  Wasn't that the way that Jesus fed the 5000?

Or was that some other food?

No comments:

Post a Comment