Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Monday, May 28, 2012

National Donut Day

Since 1938, when the Salvation Army instituted the holiday, the first Friday of June has been designated as "National Donut Day".  This year you can make your plans to take advantage of NDD.

On Friday morning you can visit Krispy Kreme and receive a free donut (no purchase necessary).  And Donkin Donuts will give anyone a free donut with the purchase of a drink.

You know I'll be there! 

See you on National Donut Day.  Friday, June 1.

And thank you, Salvation Army!

No comments:

Post a Comment