Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Thursday, June 14, 2012

Donut Art


I have spent the bulk of my time at Vacation Bible School working in the kitchen.  On Wednesday we created acorns out of donut holes.  Here's how:

Take a donut hole, dip the top into melted chocolate, dip the chocolate top into chopped walnuts, poke a pretzel stick into the top and . . . viola!  Acorn!

I'm grateful to have learned a new donut art . . . and it's a tasty treat I may make in the future for a party. 

You can do it, too!  Just don't eat the profits!

No comments:

Post a Comment