Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Left Overs

Hot on the heels of my daughter's wedding are the left over pastries.  I purchased donuts for the wedding party on the morning of, and there is also a preponderance of cupcakes still waiting to be eaten. I'm making my way through these mounds one day at a time.

I know what bakeries do with their day-olds, but what do I do with my week-olds?








Here are my thoughts at this point:

If I had a nickle
For every donut I ate
I'd have a big jar
Of nickels
But a lot less weight . . .

But then there would
Be no place, God knows,
To put those nickels . . .
So just in case
I'll only eat the donut holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment