Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Frozen Donuts

I am always amazed at what one can find in a church freezer.  And this past week I discovered a veritable trove of frozen donuts.  I'm sure these were "leftovers" from Easter, but after bringing home a bag and placing some on a plate for thawing . . . they weren't half bad.  Even the chocolate covered ones thawed out nicely.

Over the years I've discovered that donuts can be served up a multitude of ways.  Fresh.  Day-old.  Stale (but freshened up in the microwave with a damp paper towel).  Frozen. 

I'm wondering if anyone has considered making a donut on a stick?  I think that could be a great snack food success.

If there's anyone out there who knows how to market a product like this and would enjoy going halves with me . . . just write to me at this blog.

I'm at no loss for donut ideas.  And I'd be glad to meet for a discussion of these business ideas.

Over donuts . . . of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment