Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Dough Heaven

Recently a young lady asked me a question about donuts:  Some of my friends are telling me that there will be no donuts in heaven.  They say that donuts are not heavenly food.  What do you think?  Will there be donuts in heaven?

Well, Virginia, let me answer your question.  Your little friends don't understand the nature of dough. Oh, sure, some people--especially adults--lose faith in the raspberry filling and the custard as they get older, and they believe they are trading their fairy tales for things they can see, like pink frosting and chocolate icing.  But, Virginia, they don't understand that as long as there have been donuts and people to eat them, donuts have lived in the mouths of children and will continue for as long as people love bakeries.  Yes, Virginia, a year from now, a thousand years from now, donuts will live on in the hearts of those who appreciate them.  Your little friends are mistaken.  Yes, Virginia, there will be donuts in heaven.

I'll see to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment