Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter Breakfast

One of my favorite days is Easter . . . and not just because, thank God, Christ is risen!  It is also because we have one humdinger of a breakfast . . . and donuts are part of the fare.

An Easter donut is a special treat.  Especially if that donut has Easter egg colors or exudes that special flavor that only Easter donuts possess.  Everything tastes better when the Son is shining.

And, if memory serves, there are also plenty of donuts left over.  Which means I get to bring a few home to enjoy later.  And, with Easter coinciding with the final round of The Masters golf tournament, those donuts might just make their way into my hands down the final fairway.

Fore!

No comments:

Post a Comment