Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Monday, February 6, 2012

The Super Food

Donuts are the "Super" food, and as far as I'm concerned, they should be the official treat of the Super Bowl.  After visiting the Super Bowl village last week, I can only say that I was both impressed AND disappointed.

Impressed . . . that the city of Indianapolis did such a fine job, that people were getting along so swimmingly, and that we were certainly showing our Hoosier hospitality.  The city, the police, the fire department, the planners . . . they all did a Super Job and showed the best face of Indianapolis.  And I guess the people did, too, from the reports offered by those "out-of-towners" who were impressed by Hoosier hospitality.

But I was also disappointed . . . in that I walked the length and breadth of the Super Bowl Village and didn't see a single donut.

What gives?

You'd think the city planners would have consulted me on this most important issue before deciding that the standard fare would be a $15.00 hot dog.  I could have piqued the city's bottom line and profit margin considerably by suggesting donuts.  Easy to make.  East to display.  Ready to go.  And everybody loves 'em.

Next time the Super Bowl comes to town, I do hope I get the bid to help with food preparation.  I've got several fantastic ideas for football-shaped donuts.  And all of them are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment