Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Donut Theory

I have a theory about the donut.  My thinking is:  the donut may be our only hope for world peace.

I would offer the observation--that every time I visit a bakery or a donut mall I see people smiling and having a good time. I rarely see a sourpuss biting into a donut.  I also see racial and economic integration; I witness folks from all walks of life ordering at the window saying, "Give me one of those!"

I would recommend we serve donuts during all political debates.  This would loosen the candidates a bit and might help those, even of the same party or affiliation, to be able to say, "I may not agree with you on an economic policy, but I'm right there with you on that lemon-filled! That's certainly a keeper, Wolfe!"

Donuts could also help foreign policy.  No religion or culture, as far as I know, has anything against the donut.  It's kosher, it's refreshing, it's delightful.  It's everything an ambassador could ask for in an ice-breaker.  "Here, try one of these pumpkin spice cake donuts and let's talk about the Middle East."

I'm not saying the donut would transform the world overnight, but it would be a great starting point.  The donut might be the one thing that everyone could agree upon.

Stay hungry, my friends . . . and remember . . . all things in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment