Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We Have Donuts

Recently a speaking invitation came my way that included the note:  "We will have donuts."  Evidently, news of my arrival preceded me and there were preparations being made.

People who enjoy donuts don't necessarily have to eat them at every turn.  One of the reasons the donut remains a great treat:  it's scarcity.  Or, as they say: abscence makes the heart grow fonder.

The enjoyment of donuts should be built around scarcity rather than abundance.  And it is always a good practice to go in search of those donuts that one does not eat very often.  Few things give me a greater thrill than coming across a donut I have never seen before:  some unique fare that has me salivating in the line.

On Saturday morning my wife proposed donuts, but I declined.  I often decline many things that she proposes . . . in the sure and certain hope that abstenance will make the senses even sharper.

That's the way to truly enjoy a donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment