Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Valentine's Day Donut Poem

Did you know that on Valentine's Day, Dunkin' Donuts makes a special heart-shaped fare for all those lovers our there . . . especially lovers of donuts?  Better drop by and taste one today, or take a sack home to your sweetheart.  No need to go out to dinner as long as you have pastry, right?

But if you aren't going out to dinner (like me) and need a romantic poem to soothe the savage heart of your spouse, you could lay this one on tonight and pretend that you wrote it.  I really don't care.  (Please, don't credit me . . . I'm in enough hot water as it is!)  Just see if the poem has the same effect on your lover as it does on mine!  NOTE:  I did drop out a few of the bawdier verses, so I'll let you use your imagination (or not!).

My Little Donut

Some guys like their cookies hot
And others a hot cross bun
But me, I like the doe I've got
Since you're my donut, Hun!

You've been my little donut since
That time we dunked together
And though I rarely have to mince
My words sometimes I wonder whether

I ought to take you out for more
Than just a bunch of dough,
Or if I really should ignore
This Valentine's Day although

You probably have made your mind
That I ain't so romantic
Just writing poems of this kind
And acting rather manic.

But if, perchance, this little verse
Has made your oven hot
I'm here to say I'm not adverse
To seeing what you've got.

Cause you're my little donut, Sweet,
And I'm happy that you're mine,
And here's to hoping there's a treat
After this Valentine!

1 comment: