Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Dunkin' Daylights

I've recently discovered that Dunkin' Donuts is a fantastic place for pastoral conversation.  Increasingly, I'm enjoying the fact that people prefer to meet me there for coffee and conversation:  planning, counsel, support, or otherwise.

I'm glad to oblige.  I'll even buy the donuts and coffee.

The last time I visited I also inquired about my job application.  Any openings for a old guy like me who wants to get into the quality control position?  Guess not.

Places like Dunkin' are thriving again because--like Starbucks--they provide a social setting for conversation and relaxation.  It's amazing what people will talk about when you place some hot coffee and a tasty donut in front of them.

Jesus might have enjoyed these places, too.  And had their been a Dunkin' in Galilee, he may never have left his home town.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment