Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Friday, March 9, 2012

My Hilligoss Experience 2

Watching Phil Hilligoss fry yeast donuts and glaze them was like watching a painter work on a canvass.  The entire process of lifting the dough off the racks, dropping the rings into the hot oil, taking them out (a dozen per stick) and then glazing them with sugar was one constant movement of proficiency.  And believe me, there's nothing like a freshly-glazed hot yeast donut.  Tops.

Spending a Saturday morning in a working bakery was amazing.  I'm grateful to Mike and Philip for giving me the opportunity to observe their business.  Understanding how they do it, I now know why people speak so highly of Hilligoss goods.  Truly, care has gone into every bite, and every single one of these donuts was nurtured from its doughy-beginning to its tasty-end.

The next time you have a hankering for a donut, you know where your nose will lead you.  Mainstreet.  Brownsburg.  Hilligoss.

Give me a call.  I'll meet you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment