Welcome to The Donut Diary

If you love donuts as much as I do (but take my word for it, you don't) this man's blog will be a godsend. Every day I will provide a new culinary twist on the donut for your enjoyment--an experience, a recipe, a bite of donut history. Bring along a cup of coffee and join me as we travel in search of the perfect donut experience!



Wednesday, March 14, 2012

PayDay

On Tuesday I found a $60 check in my mailbox, addressed to me, as payment for an article I wrote about donuts.  It's good to know that my donut fetish is finally paying off.

Now, some of you are probably wondering: how can you make money writing donut articles

It's simple.  First, I am a professional writer . . . and secondly, who better to write about donuts than me . . . and if not me, who? . . . and if not now, when?  I was just fortunate enough to write a donut article worthy of a pay day, but then again, I wasn't really fortunate because I actually wrote the donut article, and without the article there was no chance of being paid.  So, I'm the donut man.

I hope there are other editors out there who will recognize my expertise in this field.  Perhaps there are other editors in the environs of New York and Saskatchewan who are talking right now, saying amongst themselves:  "We need more articles about donuts, and this chap in Brownsburg is just the fellow to deliver.  Didn't he just write an article about the Bear Claw?  And if he can do Bear Claws, God only knows what he can do with jelly-filled!"

I'm waiting by the phone right now, anticipating other offers this week, large offers, that will have me writing about the top donut franchises perhaps, or about the growing significance of coconut in the donut lineup, or maybe even an article about the relationship between donuts and law enforcement.  I can write anything donut-related, and I can do my own research, too!  If tasting is required, I assume I can purchase a dozen and use my receipt as a tax deduction (research and development expenses). 

Regardless . . . I'm writing more about the donut later this week.  And my new windfall will help some young baker work his way through culinary school.  I like to give back.  And a culinary school would be just the place to send my $60.

But someday, perhaps, this same baker will grow up to become a famous chef and invite me over for dessert in his four-star restaurant.  He already has my order.  And I assume my meal will be "on the house". 

No comments:

Post a Comment